Re: Fripp-Amplification

I know in the studio running digital stuff through an analogue summing box makes a world of difference.  Subtle at first but then grows.

I think if it was me and I didn't wanna take all the amps etc to gigs (which I wouldn't), I would get a Fatso (Empirical Labs).  Expensive, but if you want to really sweeten the sound, this (or something like it) would probably do it.    Plus, it would be handy in the studio.

Pretty spendy though.  I'll think about other options.  It seems your rig probably sounds great though.  Tube power amps?  (I know the JC 120 isn't) Tubes are hard to beat for warmth and tone.  But it must be pretty loud onstage.