Re: Ditching the computer...

Hi Matthias,

Nice hearing from you again!

Yes, it is quite a change for me. I have recieved several private responses from people in shock, thinking that there must be something wrong with me or something drastic has happened in my life, and I am almost ready to send my resonse to the group so it is out on the table!  :)

Anyway, looping and what I will use. The only context I can see myself looping now is in a solo context, but just as a minor background device...short phrases, ambient noises, etc.  In this regard, I still have my Boss RC1 looper.  It is basic, but gets the job done.   But, honesly, in my recent experiences with duos and trios, I don't really see a need for looping. I like the space and the dynamics of three live players. And even in a solo context, my aim is to be self-sufficient. I can play free jazz guitar easy enough, but the years of looping have got me addicted to having the safety net of background loops. I sort of like being on my own and exposed now.

Kris