From: james fowler [mailto:twostroke@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 10:30 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: mobius and ableton - no worky

Is this a fresh Live 8 install or did you upgrade an existing install?

-- fresh installation.

What is the error message you are seeing?

-- when i drag mobius into live's "drag audio effects here" box, i get a dialog box with three question marks.  then i click ok and another box pops up stating that live has encountered a severe problem and has to shut down, which is does after clicking "ok".  live will not restart unless i restart the computer.

In standalone Mobius bring up the MIDI Devices dialog and look at the "plugin devices"
panels on the right, do you have anything selected?   If so deselect them, you rarely
need to open MIDI devices when running as a plugin and this can cause conflicts if the
host is also opening those devices.

-- i'll try this tonight.

btw, i tried to join the mobius forum/group and never got a response from the admin.

thanks.

- jim