RE: New Loop

"but I'd also have to get a good midi Ed's"..typo.  "good midi FC (foot controller)" is what I meant to say...stupid spellchecker got me again...:)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: New Loop
From: fh@flatheadband.com
Date: Sat, January 02, 2010 11:09 am
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com

I started looking for an edp yesterday after reading Todd's post and hearing his work...of course there are no edp's that I can find  to buy, and the search lead me to the looperlative site.  the lp1 looks really sweet. it's a little pricey for me at the moment but i might swing it... but I'd also have to get a good midi Ed's (sorry but behringer gear, specifically their mixers, preamps, and di's, has always sucked in my experience and I know their fcb1010? gets a lot of love here, i could try one at gc I guess).  I play around with ambiloop connected to audiomulch via virtual audio cable on my pc, controlled with my qwerty kb, and with a good laptop that would be more than enough for what I do if i added a midi foot controller, but I've had stability issues with computers (even highend macbook pros) at live gigs and just don't trust that kind of setup right now.  the lp1 does look great, I didn't see a mini on their product page...

on the rang III, I've debated over getting that as well...now that it's out of beta I might just go that route, I just wish it had a similar layout to the original...as you know there's nothing like not having to bend down at all during a performance..no knobs is a great thing. also, with a new looper I'd like to finally be able to midi sync to a drum machine or the like, and the 'rang III's midi capabilities are limited at this point (ports are for software upgrades and linking to other 'rang III's).

with a higher sampling rate I could probably get by without panning as I have become really good at layering on this old 'rang..it comes down to technique more than anything...lots of practice...lots.  I jam at least 3-4 hours a day looping and writing. and other days it playing bass with bands or recording traditionally (drums, bass, guitar and vocals).

thanks for the info Andre, I'd love to see/read up on the looperlative mini you're talking about...also checked out your site, is your material looped live or tracked? in2mate sounded really cool..

and Todd, I've done the simple acoustic/vocal thing for years too...sometimes it's the best thing in the world not to worry about any real gear huh? :)

thanks again,
Chris