Re: videos and music and music sales

Oh come on.. whats all this bollocks about visuals taking away from the music.. What it does is takes the focus away from some slightly podgy balding muso twiddling knobs and staring at a laptop, cos it fits thankfully in a genre where one isnt expected to leap about and go "Hello Cleveland!"

Lets face it, our music is pretty challenging, but we LOOK fucking boring!!
If you are so serious a musician that you are worried that people won´t listen to your poly-rhythms quite right or hear your subtle overtones or contemplate the spiralling-morphic nature of the series of ever-intertwining sound tones.. then you shouldnt be playing live at all...

Of course visuals add something to the music, but the same can be said of Lights, dancing, beer, or a bad PA.

Myself, I have done shows where the visuals were MADE by the music, Ive done shows where the singer was on video (My 80s bands technique actually, drum-machine left audio and singer right audio and video) Ive played along to old Black and White films, and my own films and Ive played films backwards...

Unfortunately I cant seem to do much about fat tummy, the grey hair and I think my stage diving days at the end of the set days are sadly over...

mark..