Re: OREGON LOOPERS - Next Steps / Misc.

Well all-righty then! Sounds like we have a party. Answering some
points I remember from the last several posts:

 > Should take off list at some point.
 > Loopers from outside Oregon

I'll make a "North West Loopers" yahoo group or gmail group or
facebook or some such some time this week. Just email me off line if
you have a preference. Can be used for gig spam too so we can see what
we're all doing.

 > What are we waiting for?

For myself, I'm waiting to get my skills back. I think I was first on
this list in '96 too, actually, under soundcolor@yahoo.com . But like
I said, I took a break and am putting the finishing touches a whole
new way of working that, once I get to it, will be ultra cool. I can
feel this beast will finally be tamed here pretty soon but then once
the workflow really works I have to get my actual looping chops back.
So, 2nd quarter of 2010 is my goal.

However, I'd love to do a short, non complicated thing with just an
iphone and my EDP before I sell it. I could do that on short notice.
It would be surprisingly not bad musically and hilarious as a concept
piece.

 > Day of week for show

For a first run, perhaps a Thursday? Close enough to the weekend to
matter but not on the weekend so as not to be blown out of the water
by other going's on.

 > David Coffin (over on the Oregon coast) not sure he performs
anymore -
 > concentrating mostly on visual art.

I'd be interested to know what he's up to. I have live video as part
of my deal too, ultimately... I either need a 2nd laptop or a new
supped up Macbook pro to bring both out at once in a live setting.

 > We should hang out sometime, have a drink, play some pool, and talk
gear/technique/music/etc.

Oh, wait, that's not a quote. Okay, well then I'm saying it! I live in
the Alberta Arts district of Portland. 21st and Alberta. 503.327.9329
and I'll see email sent to soundcolor@yahoo.com much faster---I miss
things on this list email. Ping me sometime if you like and we'll kick
it loop style. We'll kick it loop style. We'll kick it loop style.
We'll kick it loop... We'll kick it...  We'll kick...   (woops...
feedback pedal was up again.)