Re: Live looping on the Eigenharp Pico

2009/12/17 Brian Good <bsgood@gmail.com>
Kayla Kavanagh wrote:
Kayla Kavanagh playing the new Eigenharp Pico: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6XsTuK2vpk

http://www.kaylakavanagh.com

It looks like you're playing the thing in some kind of constrained-to-scale mode. Can it be played chromatically as well? If so, how is the fingering laid out for that?

Brian

Hey Brian,

The Eigenharp can be configured to play chromatically, major, minor, modal, jazz ... any scale configuration you like! You can swap keys and octaves 'on the fly' which is really handy ~ I've been lucky enough to be down at Eigenlabs a couple of times in London and have met the team and tried out the Alpha instrument too which is also amazing.

It's quite an exciting instrument to be getting to grips with and I'm slowly but surely gaining confidence!

Kayla

Kayla's website: http://www.kaylakavanagh.com
Kayla on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kaylakavanagh
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/kaylakavanagh