Re: What public is attracted by a Y2K Sampler Video? (antipaganda)

Thanks for articulating this point Mathias, its really gotten me
thinking (so much so in fact I dreamt I was explaining this point to a
friend of mine last night while I slept).

I have been looping for a long time now and generally improvising
while I do so.  I enjoy the process very much, but always find myself
uneasy with the result.  People are talking about what labels and
categories their music fall in to (or out of) but I find myself
wondering at times if "Music" is even the right category for what I'm
doing.

The idea that this process may be primarily about inducing a trance is
very appealing to me and explains some of my quandary in thinking
about this music of mine.

Its not a huge concern for me since I'm not attempting to earn a
living doing this nor am I ever likely to, but I do think about doing
this for a potential audience now and again and I find that thinking
in terms of the presentation of a potential trance is both easier and
more difficult.  I'm not really sure how you would entice people into
that experience, but I think I'm more comfortable trying to do that
than I am in trying to present myself as performing musician.  In my
case, the 'music' is secondary to what goes on while its being
created.

So anyway, thanks for that perspective and yes, I truly do enjoy the
fact that it does work and I can produce my own trance.

Kevin

--
Till now you seriously considered yourself to be the body and to have a
form. That is the primal ignorance which is the root cause of all trouble.

- Ramana Maharshi (1879-1950)

Sound and Vision:  http://www.minds-eye.org
Video http://www.vimeo.com/user877640/videos