RE: What public is attracted by a Y2K Sampler Video?

Howdy, newcomer here. You know, some multi-instrumentalists like Andrew Bird perform their songs live with the help of looping stations, and his songs are usually medium-length folk rock stuff, though there's some more rock and swing jazz in his earlier work. If we manage to get a good video of him live in which we actually see him use his loop station, could be a good way to show the public what the concept is.

Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 15:25:27 -0800
Subject: Re: What public is attracted by a Y2K Sampler Video?
From: biffoz@gmail.com
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com

This is a very good point.  Most looping is more of a "Long Form" method. It might be fairer to compare it to a symphony, novel or movie, both of which the public has PLENTY of patience with.  The constant comparison to pop music doesn't do the form any justice.  Now the question: How would we change the context of what people expect?