Re: OT: New MOTU Ultralite MK3 Hybrid

Sjaak Overgaauw wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 8:54 PM, van Sinn <vansinn@post.cybercity.dk>
>wrote:
>
>>Since it can be operated standalone, setups might be stored and MIDI
>>controlled, i.e. as presets, but I guess that's too much to ask for..
>

> It does not support remote midi control. It a standard 1x1 midi
> interface, and the midi out can be used as a midi thru when using it
> standalone. The idea of the Ultralite is that you store your settings
> in one of the 16 presets using the Cuemix software. A preset contains
> all the settings of the inputs, outputs, monitoring, eq, comp, reverb
> limiter etc You can select one of the 16 presets when using it
> standalone and you also can change above settings using the frontpanel
> menu. Although this works, it's of course less user friendly.
>
> Bottom line: prepare your setup at home with a laptop or pc. On stage:
> soundcheck: change the input gain, eq, reverb.... and you're ready to
> play. If this method works ok for you, the Ultralite is your friend.
> If you want a live mixer with dedicated knobs for each function,
> you're not going to love it when using it standalone :)

Pity..  since presets can actually be stored, being able to select them
via MIDI would be such a small thing to implement, and greatly boost
it's usability.
Still, having manually selectable presets for different situations isn't
too bad either; I know people who use a standalone programmable
equalizer with presets for different types of venues..

Think I'll write them a feature-add suggestion - you never know.. ;)

--
rgds,
van Sinn