Re: OT: Logic Zoom HELP!!!

What happens then is that Logic assumes you are recording
alternate takes of the same musical part. Logic's reaction to that is
to create a "Takes Folder", one graphic container for all alternate
takes.

I guessed this Per.. But its odd that it works the same way on the midi side!!!!  In Audio recording.. sure.. youll prob wanna record a few bars.. but with midi, Im almost always dropping in 3 notes.. dropping in!! Isnt this supposed to be an emulation of an old school tape recording studio? I just wanna drop in.. on the same track.. and look at the midi nots Ive created, Quantise them if ness, and move on!

You can mover them around on tracks later if you
want to gue them together (like "overdubbing" as you wrote, which is a
looping term that doesn't exist in the DAW world)

HUH? Per.. where have you been..? Overdubbing is and has ALWAYS been a recording studio term, and absolutely NOTHING to do with looping... apart from the fact that OVERDUB is mentioned on certain loopers...
Overdubbing is recording on top of a previous recording, without erasing the last... usually by being on a different track...

> PART TWO
> Please.. pretty please... with a cherry.. can somebody please explain what
> Im supposed to do about Zooooooooming in the Piano Roll?

I zoom like in a web browser, with the scroll mouse wheel while
holding down the "ctrl" key. I think there's an additional or other
modifier key to zoom the other direction (I never remember cause it
takes a second to try out every time ;-)

Tried this.. OK.. funky but I can get used to it.. Thanks Per... Ill practice this one...

FYI Its a combination of ctrl and shift I NOW figured out... ctrl is a vert zoom, and shift ctrl is a horiz zoom... nice... finally!!!

If you notice that you often zoom---SNIP---Lock the screen set to keep it come up exactly
the same in the future.

Nope I CANT be bother with this... I have no idea what a screen set is.. as far as Im concerned, Logics MAIN fault is that its TOO user configurable... half the interface is taken up with what combinations of tabs and windows I want to show... Try to find Normalise.. or Reverse.. then you have a battle..!!! Want to rearrange the windows for

When thinking about it I realize that I almost never zoom in Logic.
You are really right about zooming being extremely hard on our fragile
patience! Locked screen sets are the way to go!

Waht?? you dont zoom??? Personaly I need to be at the note level and the bar level, I need to be able to grab across multiple tracks and grab sections of All instruments, and copy paste, and move.. Nope of this is easy in Logic.. or not out of the box in any rate... no they make you choose your own keyboard shortcuts first.. lazy buggers!!

Whats the key combo to switch between pencil (create a midi note) and the arrow... I cant find it... Now if they had bothered to program the keys for you, then a nice simple hover tool-tip would teach me... but.. alas...

But anyway.. music out of logic sounds lovely... so thats nice!

Bed time... the deadline has flown by...

Mark
--
www.markfrancombe.com
http://vimeo.com/user825094