Re: pci interface

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 3:21 AM, james fowler <twostroke@gmail.com> wrote:
> per - you actually answered a question that i didn't ask but meant to:
>is it
> better to process midi outside of the sound card?  you seem to suggest
>that
> it is "optimal" to have the sound card do sound only.  am i
>understanding
> you correctly?

Nothing is "optimal" or "better". All gear is different. One
manufacturer may put out a software driver that makes audio buzz if
MIDI #CC is streaming through the device, but next month a fully
working driver is released. You never know until it hits you.
Personally I am cautious with technology and appreciate keeping my rig
as much as possible in a modular setup so one temporary flaw won't
hurt functionality by other regards.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se