Re: Uploading to youtube - preserving audio quality- any suggestions?

If you're on Mac, uploading directly from iMovie seems to maintain audio and video quality. Primitive but effective.

Ricky
----- Original Message -----
From: Per Boysen
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 11:25 AM
Subject: Re: Uploading to youtube - preserving audio quality- any suggestions?

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 4:51 AM, FRO DIDDLY <parispro00@hotmail.com> wrote:

> any tricks for preserving audio quality on youtube?

Sure! This tip was posted to this list by Reyn:

YouTube movie I send you guys is in  stereo.
Settings are:
Audio: 44100Hz, Stereo (2 channel), 96kbps
Video: 25fps, 320x240 resized no cropping, bitrate = 224kps
2 Pass (if this option exists)
GOP = 120 (if this option exists)
Note: the total bitrate of the clip = 320 (96 + 224) this seems to be  the typical size for YouTube clips if it was any higher it might not  stream very well. :)
/ Reyn

From an unknown source I snagged this tip on "what`recommended by YouTube for higher quality videos".

MPEG4 (Divx, Xvid) format
MP3 audio