Re: Daily Digest problems: can anyone help me out?

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 1:44 PM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:
> There's a number of ways to solve your problem
> and also improve your LD experience,
> but only if you're prepared to sign off the digest
> and sign on for regular mails, and then set up a couple
> of simple filters.
> (or does gmail offer a "sign onto maillist" wizard? Mark?Per?)

I haven't seen such a wizard in Gmail, probably because it is so simple:

1) Assign a *Label* to Loopers-Delight (or "LD" or whatever you want
to call the list's label).
2) Set up a *Filter* to give that label to all mails from the list.

In order to fulfill these two task you click on the Gmail interface's
link called "Settings". Then you see another one named "Labels" and
one named "Filter".

Good thing with Gmail, compared to the list digest mail, is that it
presents posts threaded and hides quotations of earlier posts. If you
click your created LD label, in the left margin, only list topics will
be displayed. So in fact it *is* a digest! :-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com