Looping Mixer Recommendations

I've used a Mackie 1402 VLZ for many years and I've just beaten the hell
out of it and need to replace it finally.

I love that the mixer has 6 mic pres and a lot of routing possibilites.
I also love that the mic pres are really loud and very, very quiet.

At the same time,  I know that much research and innovation has occured
in mixing boards in the last few years and the Mackie is still pretty
pricey.

I'd love something, in an ideal world that was small like this but
also had 4 aux sends instead of the 2 that the Mackie has.

Do you all have any recommendations about new mixers on the market that
are comparable (but preferabbly cheaper) and/or that have the
aforementioned
4 aux sends?

A smaller profile would be nice too.  I'd even give up Mic pres to get
lighter weight and possibly more Aux sends.

Unless Berhinger has radically improved the quality of their pre-amps
I'm NOT looking for a recommendation for their stuff.   They have, in
the past,
though looking identical to Mackies, had really much more mediocre and
noisey
preamps.

thanks a lot,

Rick Walker