Re: OT:cool technology for future looping?

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 7:37 AM,  <mike@michaelplishka.com> wrote:

>http://www.designsojourn.com/sleek-multi-touch-interface-gets-your-hands-out-of-the-way/

Interesting presentation of multi touch technique. It seems oriented
towards using a hand though, which may be difficult for a performer
that plays physical instruments all the time. My own dream would be
two or three foot controlled X/Y controls. These could take the
physical form of a one point sensitive carpet (not multi touch) or
build on a joystick concept, maybe a foot plate rolling in two
dimensions on balls but connected to the base by a joystick sensor.
Since I need one foot to stand on I can only operate one at a time,
but at least have simultaneous access to two aspects of sound
processing.

I also think beams can be useful, because you could then use the
physical instrument you are playing to work the beams. The VG-99, as
an example of many other pieces of gear out there, has one beam but
you could easily imagine a system of a dozen or more horizontal beams
from on a row, on the floor beaming upwards or in the ceiling beaming
downwards. I think about that as a light harp and you could use it to
play gear parameters in a more musical sense - by simply moving your
physical instrument in the air as you play it.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com