Re: AW: Alesis Multimix 8 Line. 1u mixer for looping.

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 11:24 AM, L.Angulo <labaloops@yahoo.com> wrote:
cool man,so what do you have on your rack?

Dont you just LOVE being asked that question?

Well guitar (via an old GR30 gitar synth) is split (using patchbay) BEFORE it goes into mixer.. 6 channels. 2 are thru a vortex, 2 are thru a fireworx and 2 are the synth sounds.
Those inputs never change....
The send on the mixer is split into 3 (with a special cable, no amplification of proper mixing) and sent to 3 loopers.. 2 EDP´s and a repeater.

(theres my problem.. wasting the send on an almost permanent connection to the loopers, where I could insert a reverb)

The output of one edp goes thru a MC303, this edp sets the midi clock/brother synch for everything. The other edp goes thru a AirFX. and the repeater is left Un-affected.

BUT THEN.. all the loopers have been fed THRU my patch bay, exposing sockets on the front. These sockets can be fed to anything, modules on my modular synth, pitchshifter pedals, other peoples gear... computer... and THOSE things are fed back to the final stereo pair on the mixer... so by pulling out a couple of cables on the patchbay and shoving them in different holes, i can change this "un-stable part" of my setup.. the normal input effects and the looper efects DONT change, but I have ONE anarchy channel on the mixer, that changes on my mood....

Oh.. on the floor, a FCB1010, for 1 edp and repeater, and one edp pedal, and the git synth... no stomp boxes, although ONE , a boss pitch shifter is in the rack,as it always used...

So there..

you asked!

www.markfrancombe.com
http://vimeo.com/user825094