Re: Anyone use or own their own CD printer?

Good to know. Thanks. Always happy to learn.

Fortunately, I do have decent RAID backup.  But the gold CDs do sound better.  I ran into this with an extreme audiophile/studio friend a while back.

I've done the checksum routine with other stuff in the past.  Took quite a while - was a lot of work.  I did it manually.  Is there an automated way?  (Should we continue this off list?)

I have almost five TB of archived audio now.  Not to mention the six years of backup to tape that lost its directory a couple years ago (Retrospect).  Haven't rebuilt that yet. Ouch!

The good news is, I have pulled ten year old Pro Tools sessions (from HD) recently that sounded and played fine.... but the whole archive thing gives me the willies.

thanks again, Dennis.