Re: Trancy soundscape

Sounds great, Sjaak! Not optimally mixed yet but you can do that
anytime if finding good speakers and room. I really like the up-front
drums! But the level is flickering too much. The drum kit goes just a
tiny bit too loud now and then - you should keep the level at the
lower level, like 1 to 2 dB under the drum kit's recent peak level.
Also, if you listen to trance that works, there is never a repetitious
musical phrase like your drum part that isn't modulated in slow and
long periods in some kind of minimal manner. Could be the balance
between drums in the kit, just one EQ bell being gradually lowered, a
slow phaser on the hihat.... etc, etc...

Also, since you are mixing this in Logic so you should really take
advance of this software's capabilitiy of letting instruments, sounds
and musical parts interact dynamically in the groove. Very, very small
amounts of side-chained compressors, noise gates, autofilters etc will
bring this piece to life in an amazing way. You can experiment with a
small frequency range from one instrument to dynamically juggle the
level of a reverb return, a track level, a filter cutoff or whatever
part of another track/instrument/effect. Ensemble sounds need to talk
to each other to make music.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se