Re: Boomerang V 2.0 or Mobius

Hi Greg,

Congratulations you will have fun. I got a boomerang for my first looper, also use Mobius but because I am on computer for work all day, don't feel inclined to using it for fun (although Mobius is excellent, someday when I have time I will investigate it further).

Some cool things to do with the boomerang:
Feedback loop of amp (mine is very noisy when placed in front of the amp)

Great as a delay, usually for stage setup I set B channel for small repeats, and A channel for large repeats. So switch to B channel, then tap timing in on Record, then hit Stack. If you tap very quick two times on Record you will get a nice slapback echo type delay. If you tap in longer time then it is fun to occasional hit the Reverse button to get interesting sounds, I like to tap it in time with the song that sounds good. A little trick when playing in this mode is to hit Stack off at the end of the song then hit Reverse right away, then slowly roll off the volume. Especially effective if you were playing a lead line at the end of the song. A real crowd pleaser!

I keep Channel A on long repeats for any looping bits that may come up during a song, or between songs if the drummer needs to get a beer. Through practice you will learn how to adjust volume when recording different loops to get a decent mix of sounds. Don't forget to hit Reverse and record a bit then flip it back the other way. Hours of fun!

Also fun is to use 16 or 8 repeats and record a loop, then hit stack and just keep playing, the first bits will slowly fade and new bits will be added, it is fun to try to keep a theme going while adding a melody (or just noise). Don't forget to hit Reverse every once in a while.

Of course, you can use it to play pop songs in real time, set repeats to max on both A and B channels, play the verse on A when chorus comes hit B, record chorus and when done back to  A, then you can switch to chorus whenever you want. I forget the name of the setting to switch at the end of loop but thats the one to use.

Can you tell I like Reverse?

Enjoy!

Eric