Re: odd Boss DD20 behaviour when reducing/increasing delay time

Rainer,

Yeah that's a little glitchy bug/feture I use pretty frequently with
the DD20.

Changing time on it does NOT change pitch when you turn the knob but
rather the device starts cutting off and throwing away some audio
information (not from the beginning point of the loop but from the
point of the loop that is playing or about to play).

Then when you turn the time value  back to the full length (or beyond
the point where the loop was initially set and created) it seems to
insert bit's of left-over scrambled audio data from the buffer.

I have not tried your specific scenario (perhaps I will have to do so
sometime soon, heheh).

But it seems like what you are saying confirms that even if you trim
off some part of a loop by turning the knob to a shorter time, when
you turn it back to a much longer one it reintroduces some pieces of
audio that had been trimmed off.

I have only experimented with wobbling the time knob back and forth
rhythmically trying to introduce glitchy noises.

If I figure out anything more about what it's doing I will share my
thoughts on it.

The DD20 is really an underrated device IMHO.

It will do a lot of clever things many people would never expect.

And, like I've said many times before, if you own more than one . . .
the internal clock in them is amazingly accurate and consistent.

Just set 2 side by side with the same millisecond value dialed in on
both and play something into both at the same time.

It will take 15-20 minutes before you can detect any drift between the
2.

To me that is nothing short of amazing.

I owned 3 at one point and am now back down to just one.

Despite all the rack gear I own, I still find the little sucker
amazingly handy.

Sleep well my German friend.

Ted