Re: Mainstage looping rig screen/functionality design - post screen shots!

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Buzap Buzap <buzap@gmx.net> wrote:
> It doesn't need so much time for setting up MIDI bindings and parameter
> bindings.
So what I wonder: Do you simple fetch a midi parameter in Mainstage and pass it through as midi to Mobius directly?
Or do you pass it along to Mobius using an AU plugin parameter in Mainstage?

I don't understand exactly what you are asking, so to be safe I will explain:

In Mainstage you set up a graphic rig of control objects on the screen that matches your external physical hardware that you want to use for adjusting software parameter's values.

When you are happy with your graphic design you use traditional "MIDI Learn" technique to map incoming external MIDI events sent out by your physical hardware to the Screen Control Objects in Mainstage.

Finally you map Mainstage's Screen Control Objects to the target software parameters. In this process you may apply lots of scaling, reversing, cross fading, multiple mapping etc to trim the setup according to your physical control gear.

With Mobius you may alternatively use the classical method of mapping incoming external MIDI events directly to Mobius parameters. I not do this any more. As a consequence I have no physical MIDI In port enabled inside Mobius. My Mobius AU totally relies on the AU protocol that Mainstage data routing draws on. It's not as deeply modular as Bidule but totally sufficient for my needs ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com