Re: Specification Powersupply

Hi Rainer

>>My name is Florian Anwander and I live in Munich, Germany.
> Hey, that makes us three on Looper's Delight.
I already thought I wouldn't be alone here ;-)

> try your luck there. Apart from that: do measurements and choose
> pinning and specs of your new supply accordingly.
Yes, thats what I will do assumingly.

> As for using a linear power supply:...
> I'm not that much into AC power supply design myself, but let me ask:
> why does use of a linear supply make your setup more immune against
> brownouts/blackouts than a switching one? In fact, the SPS should be
> more immune to slight bownouts.
Simply I used for some time a Toshiba Laptop (not the worst brand) which
does not have a battery any more. So each short spike (e.g. the
powertransformers of Apple G4 Powerbooks do very ugly spikes to the
mains, when plugged in) or brownout in the 240V power made the laptop
crash. I don'T want to have this anymore on stage. Linear power supplys
can be built with large capacitors and will survive spikes.

> But hey, much more interesting: what do you do musically?
You may listen here: http://www.ambiosonics.de
As mentioned in my opening posting: I use the looper instead of a
realtime sequencer for my analogue synths. But I also did some guitar
and vocal looper stuff.

Florian