Re: hand held feedback synth now available...

It's been a long time since I used them at all, let alone as a MIDI
controller.

They work relatively well, but are monophonic and the breath pressure
more or less equates to key velocity on a keyboard (loudness) not
really quite the same as a true "breath controller".

And some of the portamento things they do do not transmit at all.

I used on in a concert many years ago to control a couple of keyboards
I had off stage to the side and mixed some of the internal "Sax" sound
in with it.

Didn't sound too bad.

Tracks well.

But it loses a lot of "personality".

The "breath controller" part of it (as it transmits to MIDI) is not
all that sensitive to allow really nuanced playing.

Don't get me wrong, it can be fun to play around with.

But it's not at all like one of the more expensive wind controllers
from Akai or Yamaha..

I bought 2 of my 3 at a Best Buy blowout price of $28.95 brand new in
the early '90s.

The 3rd one was given me a few years ago by Rick Walker.

About having 3 and sacrificing one to the circuit bending gods . . . I
may do it.

But there are so many project already begun and as yet unfinished.

Do I really need another right now?