Re: Where do you place Reverb(s)? Pre/Post-Looper?

Interesting thread. I prefer to work with fully controllable
pre-looper effects to create interesting textures, drones and I use
the looper to record snippets of that, change speed, reverse it,
feedback fade-in/out etc. I never used post-looper effects so far. For
me, the question is not where to put the reverb but how much reverb I
want to have in the mix in combination with pre-looper delays. In my
current setup, the routing looks like this:

Instrument + FX => pre-loopers => looper

The instrument might be a mic with or a synth patch with it's own
insert effects like EQ, compression, a little reverb etc and these
aren't changed during a performance. The pre-loopers however are fully
midi controllable and exists of 3 delays in series and a long bright
reverb.

Instrument + FX  => delay 1 => delay 2 => delay 3 => reverb => looper

For each of them I have a fader to control the mix of the effect and a
few buttons and knobs to control parameters like sync, delay time. The
character of each of the pre-looper effects differs a lot and this
gives me the flexibility to choose from different atmospheres. Also
important, the pre-loopers are panned differently.

Bottomline: depending on which pre-looper delays are active, the
reverb is post-pre-loop or pre-loop but never post-loop ;-)

--
Sjaak Overgaauw
http://premonitionfactory.com/