Re: Chinapaintin' today

Yeah the 2880 is a lot of fun even with the lack of features that I would
wish for. They all (that I have tried) lack something :)

Individual control of feedback (fade) for each track would be #1 for me I
think. In fact having each stereo pair seperated synced or not would be
the
ticket. I play stereo so I have two tracks. Having feedback control of the
non active pair so it could fade while muted. I guess two 2880s would be
the
ticket synced with midi! Yeah! Never mind..

I agree about the reverse. I find that I don't use it alot and I think
it's
because the reverse envelope is just not powerful. The EH 16 sec delay was
the best reverse envelope I have ever used also. Too bad you can't tap the
length of the loops like the 2880. See it's always something. I do use the
octave button on the 2880 alot though

>"Ultimately, it won't replace tape for me as I don't like the sound - it
>too closely resembles what I put into it!"

Well you can put fx after it to where you can't even recognize yourself
anymore of course.

Remember the 16 sec delay was nicknamed the "Fripp in a box"

I call my 2880 my Daryl in a box ;)

Hey how about feeding your tape setup into the 2880? I would love to hear
that...

peace out,

Jeff