Re: Tim Exile / Finger

At 11:41 AM -0300 9/17/09, Matthias Grob wrote:

>did you notice this guy:
>http://www.youtube.com/user/timexile
>
>amazing variety of tricks and source sounds...

Actually, I never really knew anything about Tim Exile, but I did get
a piece of promo-spam from Native Instruments for this:

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/producer/powered-by-kore/the-finger/

It's a new effects bank for their Kore Player and Reaktor.  Called
'The Finger', it's designed by Tim Exile.  The primary hook is that
the various effects are triggered by simple MIDI notes, so the
effects can be cycled through in rapid succession during realtime
mixdown.  It would be great for post-loop manipulation, IMNSHO, and
it does evidently include some Looping functions as well.

Looks pretty cool.  I was actually thinking about getting a copy.
I've used Kore Player (not to mention Reaktor) for a while, and it's
actually developing quite a bit as its own platform.  I'll post if I
actually get some extra cash and pick it up....

        --m.
--
_____
"beyond this window, night is shuddering and the earth grinds to a halt