Re: OT: Mainstage patches - muddy mono feelin' :-(

> Excuse me for dropping in a comment wo reading thewhole thread, but I
> personally found SooperLooper and Mainstage much more compatible when I
>run
> SL standalone and use the Jack router to send signals to/from it. I don't
> know how well this would work with Mobius because last I looked (like a
>year
> ago), it had some issues with inputs other than 1 and 2.

Hi Warren,
I have not tested Superlooper, only variations of Mainstage, Bidule,
Jack and the LP1 and since a few weeks Mobius. With Mainstage 2 and
the Mobius 1.38 AU-plugin, I don't need need Jack and Bidule any
longer to route the audio to the lp1 and the Bidule recorder. Although
Jack worked fine most of the time, I sometimes had a extra latency
when CPU usage was high. However, the biggest problem was the latency
of routing audio to the LP1 and back into the Mac (not MS) while
monitoring the sounds I was playing. You couldn't simply play acoustic
piano with a buffer size of 128...it was terrible.

So I'm now testing with Mobius as an AU plugin (100% wet) on a MS aux
channel. No latency, great audio quality as well. I use the default
inputs and outputs, port 1. The Mobius au-plugin can open any midi
input directly, so I have configured Mobius to listen on midi channel
5 only. It's therefore not necessary to setup controllers in MS for
Mobius. Don't need Bidule anymore, because MS2 has it's own recorder.
Don't need Jack anymore because the audio routing is much simpler
without a hardware looper and it can all be handled by Mainstage now.
There are however a few things I need to fix in Mobius, but I'm
getting close to a "simple", flexible and compact setup.
--
Sjaak Overgaauw
http://premonitionfactory.com/