Re: OT: Mainstage patches - muddy mono feelin' :-(

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Buzap Buzap <buzap@gmx.net> wrote:
I think this software stuff IS crazy: scripting in Mobius, wild audio routing in Mainstage, MidiPipe...

Totally agree. You have the truly sacred trinity there in the box!

If something screws up in half a year, I'm never gonna figure out what the heck went wrong... Oh, well...

When you're working on a setup, save it two or three times with different added numbers added to the file name. Just so you won't save a mistake and overwrite and older,  but correct, version. Also change file name now and then to leave an earlier "generation" if you move into a new concept in the setup.

Another useful piece of knowledge that may speed up work a lot in Mainstage programming is that if you create an empty Mainstage setup and drag the same graphic control objects into the Design Window as your saved patches use - then all your control bindings to external pedals as well as to internal software parameters will be imported and patched up properly for you as you import a patch from disc. The only thing to remember is that the objects in the Design Window have to match your physical pedalboard setup.

per