Re: OT: Mainstage patches - muddy mono feelin' :-(

> Post-fader sending a signal to a bus/aux channel doesn't seem to grab
>the panning. I.e. when I use Ultrabeat, if I pan a sound _within_ UB, it
>works. However, when I use the ordinary channel panning, the sound will
>appear in the middle. (btw, we're talking stereo-only channels here).

I didn't know this and haven't tested it yet but most entry level
analog mixers work like this, including Mackies ;)

> But it has the advantage, that I can control the instrument volume/pan
>on concert level. So I don't have to assign midi controllers to every
>patch, just the concert.
> Interestingly enough, pure routing didn't have much influence on CPU.

I use aux channels and not sends. It is much more flexible because you
can change your routing in a few seconds.I haven't seen any negative
influence on CPU when using extra aux channels so it doesn't hurt and
gives me all the flexibility I need on concert level. Saves a lot of
mainatenance too. Good to hear you solved your problem! :)
--
Sjaak Overgaauw
http://premonitionfactory.com/