OT: Mainstage patches - setup & manage effectively?

Hi Mainstage users

I was wondering how you setup and user Mainstage patches effectively.
It's easy if you switch between single instruments. But I like to combine
i.e. vocal fx chain with synth/guitar patches.
Of course I could create a patch combination for all, i.e.
5xvocal/12xsynth, but I don't think having 60 patches is realistic.
So I was thinking of creating i.e. 12 synth patches and including the
vocal chain options into all the patches with intelligent routing/switches.

What do you think? Is there a better way to do this?
What should I keep in mind to optimize performance (cpu/memory)?

Would be happy to hear your experience in this field.

best regards
Buzap