Re: Somewhat OT: How to find collaborators online

This page on Wired also has a list of online resources that might be helpful.

http://www.wired.com/entertainment/music/magazine/17-07/pl_music

-michael

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 2:03 AM, Dean, Hal <HDean@wcupa.edu> wrote:

Hi everyone, a post from someone who mostly lurks but chimes in on rare occasions.  I use Mobius in Bidule as well as an echoplex, and am finally getting serious about getting some music out to the world. I’m writing for a group to include some less common reeds – bass clarinet, oboe, bassoon.

Here is my question – what resources are available for finding people online to overdub parts via an exchange of files over the web? I know there are such resources but I wasn’t having much luck finding them today.  Absent some better-informed suggestions, I could just start posting to Harmony Central and various other large-scale musical forums, but I can’t help but think there are better tools out there. Any ideas?

Of course I am looking locally for real live musicians for this project, but folks who improvise on these instruments are not growing on trees. I’ve reached out to Dave Newhouse of The Muffins , Carrie Shull, and Dana Jessen  over the last few days. Dave would fit the bill and I hope to hear from him when he returns from the RIO Festival in France, for which they just left yesterday.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thrive,

Hal Dean

--