Re: a bit off topic: earplugs , and bass tunings

I use the same plugs.  They do cut hi frequencies more than lows, but it's not as extreme as the regular earplugs.

I don't think it's physically possible to have a completely flat frequency response without the aid of electronics. The best earplugs I found are my fingertips. By resting them over my ear canals without inserting them, I can reduce db and still hear most of the details of the sounds.

Matt