Re: buskers?

Here in NYC busking requires permits and you must be selected by the
city... to do it  *legally* that is... ;-)

I've used looping in street performances and 'happenings' type events
with a few performance arts organizations,
so it's not such an anonymous situation as pure busking.  I typically
used a line 6 running on the "C" cell batteries and a borrowed
battery powered amp (a Crate "Taxi"?)  The reactions have been
remarkably positive.  Once on 9th street in the east village a guy
started doing interpretive dances to my music, everyone thought it
was part of the act... !!   He later got involved in several local
dance organizations and is now a valued member of that community.
It's nice to see that sort of thing happen.

The other day I saw a FANTASTIC  Reggae singer / guitarist in a
subway station uptown using an RC-30 what a Voice he had...!   I wish
I had gotten his name but my girlfriend was literally dragging me
away because our train was arriving....

-CZ
http://www.zmix.net