Re: New to looping..

--- On Wed, 16/9/09, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> how do you create the first loop on the SoundBite?

Press a pad.  This will record a loop, which will then cycle until you
press it again to turn it off.  Next press turns it back on again, or you
can choose to re-sample it.

> Is it possible to just tap at the start and the end of a
> loop
> just like a regular live looping device?

No.

> Is it true that the lengths in beats of each loop is
> fixed?

Yes, the sample time has to be punched in before any looping takes place.
This is determined by setting the BPM value.  The sample 6 pads are
labelled as number of beats, with default values of 1,2,2,4,8 and 16.
Therefore, at 60bpm, this equates to, 1,2,2,4,8 and 16 seconds for the pad
sample times for the XL.  The Pro and Micro versions allow user definable
sample times, but the overall sample memory is no more, I believe, and
there are only 4 sample pads on the micro.

btw, the BPM can be changed incrementally at any time, this giving a
corresponding loop speeding/pitch raising or slowing/pitch drop effect.

Stephen