Re: New to looping..

Hi Tim, welcome to the the wonderful world of looping, and welcome to the
group.

It does seem that using PC or Mac and appropriate software might well be
the way for you to go, most hardware loopers wouldn't do all you require.

However, I will bring to your attention something that I have been using
as an important part of my livelooping set-up.  The RedSound Soundbite XL
is essentially just a loop-sampler (no overdubbing of any loop), but it
does allow 6 separate time related loops, all synced together nicely, each
one starting as soon as each loop is recorded.  Each loop can be turned
off, faded out, or reversed independently, and there is some nice onboard
filtering (unfortunately of all the loops en-masse).  The 'pro' version
has other features such as loop slicing, and the ability to communicate
with PC/MAC.  I have modified mine to give footswitch control (not
difficult).

It's pretty simple and rather deficient as a general purpose looper in
many areas, but you might want to consider this.

Check out he manufacturers web site.

http://www.redsound.com/products

Stephen
I have no affiliation with Redsound.