RE: New to looping..

Hi Timbo,
This is similar to what I'm up to (though I use a wavedrum instead of acoustic percussion). I use a laptop and appropriate software/hardware. Some people don't like using computers on stage though...

peace

Gareth -  blugaruda.co.uk

> Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 10:10:06 +0100
> Subject: New to looping..
> From: timwatsontim@googlemail.com
> To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
>
> Hi everyone,
> Very glad to make your aquaintance, looper people.
> I am new to this, and would very much like some advice before buying
> my first piece of equipment.
> I am a performing/recording percussionist playing many different
> instruments, from djembe to congas to tam Talking drums to UDU clay
> pot drums, and cajon. I also do grooves on the guitar, and am prone to
> sing as well..anyway, the plan is to have a looping device to build
> tracks for personal use...ie learning new rhythms etc, but also to
> build loop tracks live.
> I would very much like to be able to layer, say 10 tracks with
> different instruments, an to also remove them one by one in a live
> situation.
> Questions
> 1. Would a Jamman be sufficient for this. Does it allow one to choose
> which loop to delete, or would one have to undo the last loop first
> 2 You guys all seem very keen on Boomerang 3., but it doesn't seem to
> allow one to load stuff onto the computer
> 3. Would the ideal combo be a Boomerang and a Jamman?!! This would
> seem to cover all basses, although expensive to need both.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance, if anyone has the time to advise this newbe Looper person...
> Happy days!
> Timbo

Have more than one Hotmail account? Link them together to easily access both.