Re: Just received my Boomerang III yesterday

Hi Luis,

I'm afraid I have no experience with the RC-50, so I can't make a
comparison.

It seems to me that many people have been complaining about syncing issues
and dropouts with the RC-50, which was enough to keep me from even
considering that unit.

My impression is that the Boomerang's strong points are ease of use,
simplicity and great sound. The RC-50 seems to try to do more, but with
mixed results. Perhaps those with experience with the Boss unit can chime
in
here.

The Boomerang is extremely intuitive to use. If you want something that is
simple, provides 3 or 4 separate loops (depending on how you have the two
custom buttons set up), and is rock-solid reliable, then the Boomerang
should be a contender.

Again, only serial looping is enabled so far, which means you can only
play
back one loop at a time. The exception is if you start with loop 3, the
others will slave to that loop. If loop 3 happens to be 5 seconds long,
then
any other loops' durations will be multiples of that 5 seconds. This
enables
one to record a rhythm track that can be used throughout the song.

They are currently working on finalizing the software which will enable it
to play all loops together either in sync or free-form.

Brian