Re: intercontinental looper transport questions

Michael,
I'm going to take my Nord Wave as hand baggage with my laptop in the
same bag, specs:
* 870 x 274 x 98mm, 34.3 x 10.8 x 3.9 inches
* 6 Kg, 13.3 lbs.

I think this should work if I interpret the "special baggage" rules of
KLM for instruments. Regarding customs, I don't know what to expect. I
think I'll take photo copies of the original bills just in case and I
simply hope they don't pick out stuff of my suite case. I leave my
Looperlative at home for that reason, as well as the Gordius.
Especially the last looks really dangerous ;-)

See
http://www.klm.com/travel/nl_en/travel_information/baggage/exceptional_baggage/index.htm#9
2.      As hand baggage
You can carry a musical instrument instead of a piece of hand baggage
if it fits in the overhead baggage compartment or under your seat.

3.      On an extra seat
Larger instruments which do not fit in the overhead baggage
compartment or under the seat can be taken into the cabin to be
transported on a seat booked in advance. This is only possible if your
instrument is not longer than 140 cm (55 inches) and does not weigh
more than 46 kg (100 lbs). You can only book an extra seat by
telephone or via your travel agent.

--
Sjaak Overgaauw
http://premonitionfactory.com/