Re: Alesis Multimix 8 Line. 1u mixer for looping.

> The Rane SM 82S is presumably what Alesis "borrowed" from.
> The same features minus the mic input.
> ...and more than double the price!

Hi Andy,
That's the one. Very good but expensive yes ;-) Btw: the Alesis is a
nice little mixer, didn't know it existed.

> The problem I have with the Behringer stuff is reliability,
> ( after a decade or so ) rather than the feature sets and the "ok" sound
> quality.
> Also, I'd always be worried that their latest offering
> had lower than usual sound quality.

I have used a Behringer 1602 for several years. Perfect as a live
mixer for keyboards, the sound is "OK". imo, the recent Behringer
models made in China are not as good as some older models. Also, build
quality is more an issue these days, as with so many audio
manufacturers assembling in China.

--
Sjaak Overgaauw
http://premonitionfactory.com/