Re: Alesis Multimix 8 Line. 1u mixer for looping.

hi Sjaak

Indeed, Rane is the name.

The Rane SM 82S is presumably what Alesis "borrowed" from.
The same features minus the mic input.
...and more than double the price!

For me, the '8 line' replaces the Behringer Ultralink, which
roughly copies the Rane SM 26S Splitter Mixer, but adds
very useful metering.

The problem I have with the Behringer stuff is reliability,
( after a decade or so ) rather than the
feature sets and the "ok" sound quality.
Also, I'd always be worried that their latest offering
had lower than usual sound quality.

andy