Re: intercontinental looper transport questions

Read up on the flight company's web page and adjust your luggage weight and disposition cabin vs checked in according the the listed rules. Don't miss out on safety restrictions or you may loose your nail cutter, tooth brush and other "sharp objects".  Put as much important stuff as possible in your hand/cabin luggage. If hand luggage goes over weight, fill up your pockets with stuff to match the permitted weight. You will have to take out the computer from your cabin bag at the security check so it actually doesn't add to the wight and you can calculate your bag's weight without it (at least this has worked well for me). For things that you have to check in there is always a risk that it will be sorted out "as suspicious luggage". This happened to my tenor sax flight case at SF Airport - probably because I had painted it golden by paint brush. The clerks are generally "retarded" so keep your bags looking as normal as possible. My sax simply never showed up at the luggage area, although I had safety cleared it with Brittish Airways when starting the journey, and no one at SF told me I had only 30 minutes to claim it before it would be "transported away for termination". The grass root staff at the airport did not know where it was and luckily I happened to spot it inside a sealed off area elven minutes pre termination and could then claim it as mine and open it to proof it not containing a bomb (although I personally regard this 1929 silver Conn "Da Bomb").

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com