AW: Alesis Multimix 8 Line. 1u mixer for looping.

i suppose another possiblity would be to use an x-ternal device before
going into the mixer like these which have plenty of gain,enhancers,
compressor,eq and efx

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/TC-Helicon-VoiceTone-HarmonyG-Vocal-Effects-Pedal-for-Guitarists?sku=180235

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-Vocalist-Live-2?sku=180068

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/TC-Helicon-VoiceTone-Create-Vocal-Pedal?sku=180118

i have the Rolls RM65B and have the same frustration;-(
Luis