Re: OT: test

Jeff Duke schrieb:
> When you send a message to any mailing list you subscribe to, Gmail
> automatically skips your inbox and archives the message to save you time
> and prevent clutter. The message will appear in your inbox if someone
> responds to it or if there is an error delivering the message. If you'd
> like to view your message, you can find it in Sent Mail or All Mail.

Gmail doesn't get the idea of e-mail clients, they think in this world
everybody is reading mail in the browser. I don't, and miss my own posts
as well. Only solution is not to use gmail or live with not receiving
your own posts...

For me the only way to read my lists is within an e-mail client like
thunderbird. This gmail "feature" is clearly a drawback. While I write
this, I am offline, I could not do that in the browser.
The main advantage of gmail for me is, that it filters spam better than
the others, and especially a list like LD is guiding spammers to my
e-mail adress. I have another address not with gmail to do private and
business mail. For that I'd never trust google anyway, they even
announce that they'll use your mails to control advertising better...
Gmail is good for whats public anyway, anything else has to rely on
other services...

Stefan

--
Les Ondes Mémorielles---------x--