Re: MIDI foot controllers

William Walker wrote:
> On 3 Sep 2009, at 08:19, andy butler wrote:
>

>>  I find that any time I need to hold down a button in the top row I
>
>>  tend to hit the bottom row.
>
>>  It's something that's a real problem at gigs.
>
>>  (not a problem with fcb1010, where the buttons lend enough support to
>
>>  rest the toe without pressing).
>

> Steve B wrote:
>
> I have to steady myself with my other foot (even though I'm sitting down
> anyway)! Slightly awkward, but I'm used to it now. Other than that I
> find it [Gordius LG] a great unit, particularly in terms of size and
> weight. The FCB1010 is a pain when travelling a lot!

Bill wrote
>  Actually Andy and Steve, what solved this problem for me was mounting
> the gordius on an angled pedal board surface, in my case I put it on a
> pedal train pro aluminum frame board, not exactly flight worthy but not
> overly heavy for land travel. But any angled surface will work even a
> ply wood one you made your self. It doesn’t completely eradicate the
> issue but it helps a lot.
>
>  Bill

cheers Bill,
How big an angle?
(oh, and I should recap that we're talking about the Gordius LG here).

> PS Hey Steve isn’t resampling grand?  Two looper (in series) is always
> better than one J

Yep, have to admit I only started doing that this year,
with the EH Stereo Memory Man in front of my regular rig.
(the Walker's have been doing this for yearswith DL4s).
With the EH device I like to load up a simple melody and
play it back at different speeds while re-sampling.

andy