Re: Which loop machine?

You could try out SooperLooper or Mobius, free programs, if you have a midi device to trigger looping from (a few electronic drum pads would work for that, most guitarists use a footpedal). With either of these programs, you should run them as standalone and use something like the (also free) Jack audio routing system to get audio from logic and back. SooperLooper at least can be used as a plugin, but Logic 8 has trouble dealing with plugins that generate clocks (although this may not be true if you don't try to have logic sync to external clocks).

I'm a big devotee of laptop looping, some others here would advise a hw device as you're proposing.