Re: Looping machine...and thanks

Alex Leger said:
"I've got to contradict Rainer on this as I like the Roland/Boss products"

You're not contradicting me at all - the fact that you like them does
not in any way conflict with the fact that I don't :).

Leaving my personal dislikes aside (which are mainly based on the fact
that no RC looper does what I envision from a stompbox looper - the
DD20 is a different beast though, and I really enjoy using it in delay
mode), it's worth mentioning that:
  * the RC20 (or was it the RC20XL) was the first looper to feature
non-volatile loop storage,
  * the RC2 is the looper with the smallest footprint,
  * the RC50 is the only stompbox looper which features multiple tracks

(all of these facts to the best of my knowledge, and the ZVex Lofi
Loop Junky does have a small footprint and features non-volatile loop
storage and it even came before the Bosses, although I'm not sure
about that detail, but then again it's not a "looper" by LD
definition, as it doesn't allow for overdub).

The RC series are targeted at a crowd with a very song-oriented
approach, and for that they seem to work just fine, so they may work
for time just the same they work for you (and lots of other people).

           Rainer