Re: Samples and looping

Louigi wrote > In short, I  would say that I simply do not try to view
art as part of an "economical ecosystem" at all. My argument speaks
about inspiration, art, giving away something valuable into the world
as part of the creative spirit - in this equation money is not present
at all. I believe that pricing art and arguing who owes what idea is
missing the whole point. I am afraid I cannot further explain this
without turning this discussion into a philosophical book.

To have an argument which isolates items such as "inspiration, art,
giving away . . . as part of the creative spirit" ignores the fact
that these actions ARE a part of an ecosystem, which requires some
form of balance.

For instance: To say this about an automobile or human body, and speak
only of one of various modules in isolation ignores the larger picture
of how the system functions could fail without the balance of the
entire system. Remove food from the human ecosystem and death follows
sometime later. Remove the heart or any other vital organ and bad
things occur.

I would equate gasoline or nutrition as the missing ingredient in this
discussion about art.  How is one to provide food and shelter if their
primary activity is art? Giving it away does nothing to address the
time spent, overhead incurred (equipment). So unless it's a hobby and
you provide food and shelter with another vocation, the system is
unbalanced and will have a very short life span.

I give my stuff away because I abhor the daily toil of the music
"business", especially the culturally retarded infrastructure
currently available.

--
Miko Biffle
Biffoz@Gmail.com