Re: Composition & Improvisation (was Re: Terje Rypdal was ECM guitarists)

tEd ® KiLLiAn schrieb:
> I think, sink or swim, it is better to trust in the benevolence of one's
> muse(s) to guide when one comes to the end of one's musical rope.
>
> Letting go of the rope is what faith is all about (a concept that I
> think can be understood by both religious and non-religious types).

Love that picture...
Faith though needs experience, letting go of the rope as often as you
can, you won't sink, thats my experience, in the end faith turns into
knowledge. (And you learn to swim and you let the rope go way before the
end...)

Stefan

--
Les Ondes Mémorielles---------x--