Re: Samples and looping

Louigi Verona schrieb:
> With the internet it is virtually impossible to control that at all.
> So I think that artists should stop chasing people who use their work
> without permission - they should change their business models and
> stop focusing on selling copies of their work.

This is a contradiction in a way, if you chase people you are
controlling it. There even exist business models which would want you to
find the work and abuse it and they send their bots around the web for
chasing them, a sort of modern web spider carnivore...

> Also, and I've always believed it to be an interesting point - why
> would you get money for work done once? You record music - yes, that
> was hard work. You get some money - either from a person who
> contracted you to do the recording or from shows to which people came
> after listening to your records.

In a lot of cases I made music with a lot of work and didn't gain any
money at all. At that point I clearly say, before anybody else gains
money I want at least a share of it. That is why I publish with a NC
license...

> Guys, I may be wrong on this. I do not consider my views to be
> written in stone. I am constantly evaluating my views, thinking them
> over. But as fas as I can see it now, today, an artist should not be
> a person who elevates above the rest of the public, demanding
> everyone to run to them and ask permission. What if he denies? Many
> good works may cease to exist.

Read Lawrence Lessings book, its his opinion, but the artists still
should be free to decide to which opinion they belong and live...

Stefan

--
Les Ondes Mémorielles---------x--